This is our DNA
“We are one group, one family, we work as one – Iron Lynx and Iron Dames.”
Founded in 2017 in Cesena (Italy), Iron Lynx is a Motorsport Lab that has been built on the desire to become a professional racing team. A goal pursued through the relentless commitment of our founders and the extraordinary passion of every single member.
In just a few years, Iron Lynx has won a number of titles making it one of the most promising teams in the field.
Race to Inspire is our team philosophy. A positive attitude to face every race and everyday life. Because everything we do can be an inspiration to others; from the next generation of drivers to all people who want to achieve their dreams. From sport to music, from art to design. Everywhere.
Iron Lynx and Lamborghini
Together with Lamborghini, Iron Lynx unveiled the SC63, a prototype hybrid race car set to contest the world’s most prestigious endurance racing championships. As part of the iconic brand’s 60th anniversary and the 10th anniversary of Squadra Corse – Lamborghini’s racing division – the much-anticipated SC63 was revealed to the public for the first time at the 2023 Goodwood Festival of Speed.
Single-car operations will be entered in the burgeoning Hypercar class of the 2024 FIA World Endurance Championship and in the GTP category of the IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship. In addition, a stellar two-car effort is expected for the 101st edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The driver line-up comprises established endurance racing specialists and long-time factory drivers Andrea Caldarelli and Mirko Bortolotti as well as ex-Formula 1 drivers in the shape of Daniil Kvyat and Romain Grosjean.
Supported by Lamborghini Squadra Corse, Iron Lynx will also compete in a worldwide GT3 programme, which includes GT World Challenge Endurance Cup and IMSA Michelin Endurance Cup from 2023.
Iron Lynx will race with the #63 and #19 cars alongside the Iron Dames’ #83 car at prestigious 24 Hours of Daytona in January 2023, with the #63 and #83 cars continuing for the rest the team’s IMSA Michelin Endurance Cup campaign.
In GT World Challenge Europe, the team will run the #63, #19 and #83 cars in all six Endurance Cup rounds.
Iron Lynx and Prema,
a winning alliance
Iron Lynx and PREMA joined forces under the control of the Swiss-based company DC Racing Solutions Ltd, becoming one of the largest international groups in motorsport.
The aim of the enterprise is to build a racing platform for young talent, professional drivers and client racers, covering GT racing and single-seaters and beyond. This also benefits the Iron Dames project, an integral part of Iron Lynx, a project created to encourage more women into motorsport at all levels – from drivers, through to mechanics, engineers, and management.
Since 2022, Iron Lynx has supported PREMA Powerteam in its first foray in endurance racing, in the LMP2 category of the 2022 FIA World Endurance Championship and European Le Mans Series.
WALL OF FAME
female team members
A long way since 2017
- Iron Lynx is born: Based on an idea of Deborah Mayer, Claudio Schiavoni, Sergio Pianezzola and Andrea Piccini, Iron Lynx Motorsport Lab’s story begins.
- Introducing Iron Lynx: Iron Lynx arrives in style, becoming Vice World Champions and Vice European Champions in Lamborghini Super Trofeo Europe Pro-Am.
- Iron Dames is born: An all-female line-up, R. Frey, M. Gatting and M. Gostner, compete in the 12 Hours of Dubai. It is the dawn of the Iron Dames project.
- First time: Iron Lynx debuts in Michelin Le Mans Cup and European Le Mans Series with 9 drivers.
- New challenges: Iron Lynx joins Italian F4 Championship; Italian GT Championship; Lamborghini Super Trofeo Europe (Misano)
- Continuing the story: The Iron Dames’ line-up competes in European Le Mans Series at Monza.
Rookie podium F4
- Campaigning across Europe: Iron Lynx and Iron Dames fight in ELMS (2 cars), Michelin Le Mans Cup (3 cars) and 24 Hours of Le Mans (3 cars).
- Le Mans Cup title: Iron Lynx wins the drivers’ and teams’ championships in the Michelin Le Mans Cup.
Rookie podium F4
- Welcome, PREMA: Iron Lynx joins with PREMA to deliver more success.
- M. Gatting: First woman to win Ferrari Challenge Europe Trofeo Pirelli.
- P3 at Le Mans: R. Mastronardi, M. Cressoni, C. Ilott take P3 in LMGTE-Am at 24 Hours of Le Mans.
- P1 at 24 Hours of Spa: Overall victory at 24 Hours of Spa with C. Ledogar, N. Nielsen, A. Pier Guidi.
- Le Mans Cup title: Won Michelin Le Mans Cup Teams’ Championship for second consecutive year (4 wins, 11 podiums, 6 poles).
- ELMS LMGTE title: R. Mastronardi, M. Cressoni, M. Molina won LMGTE title in European Le Mans Series.
- Dames fight back at Le Mans: Iron Dames recover through the field for best-ever 24 Hours of Le Mans result.
- Pin makes more history in Ferrari Challenge: D. Pin becomes Ferrari Challenge Europe Trofeo Pirelli champion (8 wins, 11 podiums).
- Making their mark: Iron Dames become first all-female line up on FIA World Endurance Championship podium, first all-female race winners in European Le Mans Series.
- Iron Lynx making waves in Europe: Iron Lynx gets all three cars on the podium for the first time in GT World Challenge Europe; #60 car wins at Monza in ELMS.
- Forging the future: Iron Lynx announces it will join Lamborghini for the manufacturer’s LMDh and GT3 programme starting from 2024 and 2023 respectively to push for further success.
A state-of-the-art facility in the heart of Italy’s motor valley.
Our stunning headquarters are in Cesena, a strategic location close to the Imola and Misano circuits.
3,000 square metres of experience and passion at the service of cars and drivers. From marketing to logistics and purchasing. The secret of a successful team is the expertise of many specialists working behind the scenes.